Swansea University opens the 2020-2021 call for students from all countries except British residents, to the “ International Excellence Scholarship ” scholarship program. This scholarship includes living and university expenses.
Swansea is recognized for having a large student population, coming from more than 130 countries. The University has two campuses that are located in front of the sea, it has 7 academic schools that grant undergraduate and graduate degrees and encourage scientific education. It is a great Institution that opens doors to study and work abroad.
Levels and areas of study
Half Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students in different areas of study at Swansea University. The most popular are the Chevening , music and sports scholarships.
Who can apply?
Each and every applicant from abroad is welcome to participate in the selection processes.
Successful post-secondary claimants will receive up to £6,000 (£4,000 awarded in year one (1) and £2,000 awarded in year 2 (two), subject to achieving an average of sixty-five per cent). . Postgraduate students will receive up to £4,000 at Swansea University in the United Kingdom for the period 2021.
- Applicants must be non-British/EU nationals.
- Applicants must have applied for and received an offer to study at Swansea University at undergraduate or master’s level.
- Students studying for a PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, Diploma in Law, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or Erasmus Mundus program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students progressing from ‘ The College Swansea University ‘ and students currently studying at the University are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. This includes students progressing from undergraduate to postgraduate courses. It is only for new registrations.
- Applicants must have demonstrated excellence in their academic performance to date and be able to show what they will achieve at Swansea University in their application.
- Applicants must be self-funded, i.e. not receive funding from their home country/sponsoring body, or external third-party organization. If funding is confirmed after the scholarship, then the University reserves the right to withdraw it in accordance with this condition.
- Scholarships will be used only to offset tuition fees and cannot be used for any other purpose.
- The scholarship will be applied to the course fees for the academic year indicated in the offer letter. If an offer for a course is deferred, then an applicant must reapply for the scholarship , unless there are exceptional circumstances, to be confirmed by the University. Applicants must request the deferral of the scholarship in addition to the reference of the course start date. It will not be automatic.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee collected at registration. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their €2,000 deposit.
- Successful undergraduate applicants awarded the International Excellence Scholarship (4000 euros) in the first year, who achieve 65% or above in their first year of study, will be eligible for a further 2,000 euros in the second year.
- International Excellence Scholarships are only available during the first year of a graduate program.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use any means of evaluation it deems most appropriate to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship.
- Applicants may receive an International Excellence Scholarship in addition to a scholarship or fellowship awarded by another department of the University, subject to eligibility, terms and conditions also permitting. Students are responsible for verifying the criteria for each scholarship or scholarship applied for.
Until when can I apply?
The call for all its programs is available until December 21, 2020.