IST Internship Program in Austria
Deadline: Program open year-round but registration on the application portal must be completed at least 2 months before the start date.
The Austrian Institute of Science and Technology offers an IST internship program for international students. The program is open in specific fields. This paid international internship is a one-year program for students to gain work experience in their fields under professional supervisors and environment.
The summer internship program in Austria will expand students’ scientific and research experience and allow them to learn to implement theoretical knowledge in practical work.
The IST Research Internship Program is offered in collaboration with the OeAD. The OeAD is an international organization that deals with education and scientific cooperation. The IST aims to produce capable, motivated and skilled students from all over the world. Students must select their research topics prior to the application process. Interns will have the opportunity to present their research work at a symposium.
IST Austria already hosts students of more than 70 nationalities. IST fosters different cultures and has a diverse learning environment. The institute has world-class professors and teaching assistants. Working under your supervision will be a boost for the future of the selected candidates. This is the best opportunity for current students who need to carry out a research project.
The IST internship program in Europe includes not only research activities but also a series of social activities to make the interns’ time unforgettable and valuable. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend the annual barbecue at the Austrian Institute of Science and Technology to develop a good bond between interns, researchers and other IST members.
Details of the Internship for Latinos IST Austria
Institutions where you will carry out your studies:
Austrian Institute of Science and Technology (IST).
Levels and areas of study:
Internship in the following fields and areas:
Data science and scientific computing.
Who can participate?
Latino and Hispanic students can apply for the IST Internship program in Austria.
The full internship at Austria IST offers the following benefits:
- Monthly salary of at least 1184 EUR.
- Health insurance.
- Great opportunity to gain more research experience while you study.
- Opportunity to work with world-class supervisors in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Interns will get numerous social benefits such as language courses, sports and leisure, free IST bus, cafeteria accommodation and childcare (depending on availability).
Conditions that participants must meet:
- Be an international student who demonstrates a great academic resume.
- Undergraduate or master’s students. Those who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree have a better chance of being selected.
- Have a great interest in training in areas related to research.
- After successfully completing this process, you must contact an authority of the institution (all through the IST web portal) to validate your registration and opt for the full internship.
- It is recommended to have adequate command of the English language. A certificate demonstrating your level in that language is not required.
- Motivation letter. See example here.
- CV (pdf format)
- Work experience
Instructions to apply:
- Follow the given steps to apply for IST scientific internships:
- Choose the research topic from any of the available fields.
- Contact the leader of your respective research group.
- Email the professor or teaching assistant directly through the address provided on the website.
- Once selected (after evaluation), you will be contacted to continue the application process.
Program open year-round but registration on the application portal must be completed at least 2 months before the start date.